Manage fiscal responsibility of public funds in compliance with the municipal code in a fair and equitable manner for the citizenry of Glenwood Springs.
Process a bi-weekly payroll for all city employees including allocation of earnings for health benefits and retirement plans.
Perform the monthly billing service for the City’s Enterprise Funds including water and sewer, electric and landfill. This service includes billing for consumption and services provided through the collection of accounts billed whether on time or through the delinquent due process procedures.
Issue sales tax and business licenses to vendors. Monitor the collection of taxes by type and follow-up on delinquent filers.
This includes processing vendor invoices and ensuring proper authorization and account coding. This service strives to take advantage of available discounts and see that vendors are paid timely.
This service involves follow-up to billings to make sure billed services are paid to the City on a timely basis. Delinquent accounts are handled under due process procedures and may be turned over to collection agencies for final resolve.
This service ensures that assets are safeguarded and handled in an efficient and proper manner. This includes investments, reconciliations, report filings, budget monitoring, purchasing compliance, and debt service administration.
This service sees that the City utilizes its revenue sources in an efficient and cost effective manner in the procurement of goods and services. This service also manages the disposition of surplus property for the best return possible.
Hours and Location
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Department closure every other Friday beginning May 15, 2020 due to Covid-related City staff furlough
- To pay a bill anytime, visit www.cogs.us/pay
Upcoming Office Closures / Holidays
- Friday, July 3, 2020 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 7, 2020 (Labor Day)
- Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27, 2020 (Thanksgiving)
- 1st Floor of City Hall - 101 West 8th Street, Glenwood Springs
- Closed until further notice due to Covid-19 concerns, staff working remotely